Mid-level Graphic Designer
We are looking for a highly organized, self-motivated, Graphic Designer with a digital focus. Your main focus initially will be on establishing an expression for Native Coders when it comes to graphic design. The assignment description for this work will be managed during a number of workshops together with key stakeholders within the company.
You will also support the Management and Communications team for general production activities, including creating layouts/templates, infographics, building social and digitals assets across channels, placing or cropping images, retouching or image compression and slicing or conversion of files across multiple programs (web/mobile/print).
You have strong technical skills related to producing a broad range of design deliverables. You pride yourself on having attention to detail and are able to prioritize and manage your time effectively.
Key areas you will be expected to manage and deliver on:
- Based on the current Native Coders visual style guideline, our culture and brand; you should develop a recognisable graphic tonality and visual communication model
- Articulate concepts and creative solutions visually and verbally
- Develop and refine deliverables by obtaining feedback from stakeholders, product owners or customers
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, PowerPoint/Google Slides, and Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop.
- Strong grasp of the creative process; from ideation through implementation.
- Familiarity working within established brand guidelines.
- Broad knowledge of production skills, project workflows and file/asset management, to handle assigned projects with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain a consistent style and follow style guides, and adapt to multiple illustration styles.
- Understanding of typography, hierarchy, composition, and color theory.
- 3+ years of experience in a production designer role with a focus on digital work.
- Strong focus on continuous learning.
- Experience and interest in frontend development.
- Knowledge of UX concepts and experience from visual development of UI mockups.
- Knowledge of production tools and methodology and an aptitude to quickly learn new software.
- Experience with animation or motion graphics.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, illustration, or related field.
- Knowledge and professional or amateur experience as photographer.
- Content production and management of social media channels.
- Experience from interacting with customers in meetings and projects.
The other stuff
In your application we want to see:
- Online creative work samples or portfolio including digital-focused projects demonstrating good use of typography, design and color theory.
You should be able to start during: Q4 2022
Reporting to: Violet Owino, General Manager, Kenya
- Friendly team.
- Good prospects for professional and career development.
Further information to be shared during the recruitment process.
Earliest start date
- Project based.
- Hourly based.